Thursday, April 5, 2007

EASTER WEEK








FORGET-ME-NOTS



I was carrying 10 pounds of groceries on each arm. I stopped to take a breathe.


I looked down in to the flower bed and there almost hidden where forget-me-nots, small blue star-like flowers with a yellow center. My heart stopped for a moment. Flooding with memories, thought were long gone. I felt a great wave of sadness. Two wonderful, but also painful memories of two blue-irised ones. I later found that one of them is very ill...more sadness and un-ease. In church tonight i prayed.


FREE-FORM TANKA


FOR O



The night you left

i placed some forget-me-nots

on the windshield of your bus

knowing that we would never

share special moments again


In the store

your music in the back ground

i smile and remember

years ago, the same music

knowing you are happy


FOR J


Forget-me-nots

i saw them suddenly on the path

my thoughts turned to him

with my heart filled

with sadness


Forget-me-nots

my thoughts return to your eyes

so many years ago

then tears in mine

wonderment and a deep sigh


Forget-me-nots

a tear starts to flow

knight, poet and coffee lover

your heart stop-go...

i say a prayer






No comments: