Sunday, June 17, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
















A happy Father's Day to all of you




My Father whio was Hungarian died in a very dramatic way on Father's day many years ago.




I wrote some haiku and tanka for him during the years. Some are in my book, Vancouver Island poetry, one i just wrote this morning, a tanka with 5-7-5-7-7.




Father's Day morning


memory of him cutting


his yellow roses


the bush still growing anyway


His presence brings peace to me




A few others (free form)




This one was read in church last year:




You were my guide


My best Friend


Tears were shed with you


The first dance was with you


I place my poem


On your ashes




From my book:




Restless river


The fire-coloured maple


Beckons the Magyar




Sunrise


She places haiku


upon his ashes




Red as a poppy


Maple leaves fall


On the memorial


No comments: