Tuesday, February 5, 2008

CARNIVAL TIME


It is Carnival time and today is the last day. Shrove Tuesday is always fun...all those big, fat pancakes with maple syrup here in Canada. Here on the island not much is realy going on. I will make pancakes for myself, Mischi and Bling. I have a mask i made last year.

I heard that a man in Rio fell under a foat and died. All that crowing adn drinking, well the poor man had fun until the last moment of his life. My prayers go out to his family and friends. "Moderation in all things" is not in affect during Carnival.

My Nordic Uncle went to Carnival in Southern Germany, when he was young and did not return until the Summer.

Shrove Tuesday
pancake after pancake
scent of maple syrup

Carnival floats
song, dance and beads
rainbow on her neck

Behind her mask
her brown eyes blue
Carnival magic

Grey sea and sky
rain on the cedars
on the intenet
Carnival in Rio
colour, music and Samba

No comments: