Tuesday, February 20, 2007

GUNG HAY FAT CHOY




HAPPY cHINESE nEW yEAR




It is 4705, year of the Pig




I went to a Chinese buffet and eat like one!!!




I have met a Pig-person this year and i wish him the best of years this year.




I was in Victoria for a few days last week and went to Chinatown for a few New year's goodies and essential herbs and teas for my larder.




I was asked to write some rose haiku for an upcoming book published by Angela Leuck in Quebec later this year. She has asked many haijin around the owrld to contribute and i am pleased that she has also asked me again. She has been publishing a series of flower haiku books. I did some tulip haiku for her a couple of years ago.




My book has been selling well in Vancouver and i need to re-


print soon. Hugh Bygott is still revising it. I will add some new haiku and a few new photos. I will be leaving out the personal dedications, due to the fact that i left out a number of people and they are upset.




i have joined the Tanka Association of America. I am going to concentrate on tanka this year. The longer lines and syllabels gives me more scope to say a bit more.




Here are a few Rose haiku i did this week and some last year.




Late winter today


the rose bushes now pruned down


promise of scents soon




The misty garden


yellow petals falling down now


as her tears flow down




Valentine's day here


she waits all the day for the


sign of his caring




In his large letter


the rose petals falling out


tears softening them




After she rose


her scent lingerd


will he miss her




A purple rose


with silver glitter


the latest thing

1 comment:

Ram Krishna Singh said...

Hi, Friend: I read your last haiku:
A purple rose
with silver glitter
the latest thing
Beautiful. May i also invite you to visit my blogs:'
http://rksingh.blogspot.com
http://profrksingh.blogspot.com
and share your comments on my haiku and tanka.
All the best
R K