Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SPRING IS HERE


Happy Spring to all of you. I am still unclear about it being yesterday or today. Oh well.


The plum and cherry trees are in bloom and i was going to take some photos of them yesterday, but it was a cool, cloudy day. The wonderful scented blue hyacinth is now out also. It sents my whole house. It also fulfils my love of the many shades of blue with a touch of purple in them.


The first of many guests to the island will start to arrive latter this week. Who can blame them and i am happy they will be on this wonderful island and escape their cities jobs and stress. My Mother, son and i enjoy our role of hosts for our own private B&B. We serve a wonderful breakfast and leave our guests free to do whatever they wish during the day. Some are excellent cooks and the enjoy the fresh fish and produce here. I am looking forward to the meals and wines they conjour up daily. There goes my strict diet, again.


Well, Spring is also in the air in Finland. My Finnish cousin Kim was in the mood to sing a few songs for me first thing this moring. He has a deep voice, just the thing to help me wake up in a hurry.


Yesterday my Pakistani cousin, Muddy in Lahore felt like singing also. Must be in the air world-wide.


This island has deep voices we do not want though. We have an influx of unwanted voracious Americna bullfrogos, an invasive species that can grow to be the size of a dinner plate and even small house pets!!! They are hunted down and zapped with electricity. They

were brough onto the island in the 1930s by a man who wnated to breed them

for their legs!!


Speaking of coffee. I read that heavy caffeine users are almost twice as liklely to exhibit panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and major depression. Starbucks has no interest in supporting further research on this. I will not give up my Kona, which reminds me that Hawaiian cousin Sam needs to sen dme a few more pounds soon.


If anyone knows how i can merge my 4 blogs into one, please let me know.


A few Spring haiku and tanka (lazy style--free form)


Houseboat in Kashmir

his black eyes seem almost blue

she hides her feelings very well

the lake sill and silent

this Spring morning


The lake in Finland

finally free of ice now

his eyes just as blue


Spring morning

the first bird call

to awaken me


New green grass

many small black birds

this Spring day


Float planes land

ferries pass the island

she waits for him






No comments: